Mondays 10-11am with an optional 30 minute meditation to follow.
July 30 - October 30 (no class 8/28, 9/4, 9/25)
"You are the teacher, you are the first instruction. What a mother teaches a child in the womb can not be learned on earth."- Yogi Bhajan
This class is designed for all levels of experience and stages of pregnancy and will offer tools to balance, align and strengthen body mind and spirit. Using yoga asana, pranayama, meditation and fellowship we will create a safe and inspiring community to support our shared goals of embodied and joyful motherhood. Women will learn to connect with their inner capacity for joy, strength and reverence for the childbearing years.
Benefits of Pre-Natal Yoga:
- Creates steadiness in a time of constant fluctuation.
- Breathing helps prepare your body and mind for the type of breathing necessary during labor.
- Increases flexibility and strength.
- Supports the pelvic floor muscles.
- Some yoga poses can optimize your baby's position for an easier birth.
- Practicing Yoga while pregnant has been linked to fewer complications.
Luisa Harsevak Kaur is a trained Hatha and Kundalini yoga instructor with further training in Khalsa Way Prenatal Yoga and Yoga Therapy. She has been teaching yoga and meditation for a decade and has a private yoga therapy practice in Sea Cliff with a special focus on women and themes around motherhood. Luisa runs annual retreats to India, holds ceremonies and facilitates teacher trainings. www.Harsevak.com